Happy New Year everyone! Today’s the last day of holiday for me before I head back to the office tomorrow, boohoo 😦 So as to enjoy the last afternoon of my Christmas holiday, I decided to bake a cake!
I did a quick search online for banana cake recipes since I bought way too many bananas the other day (whoopsie!). This cake‘s very easy to make and doesn’t require too many ingredients, so it works great for me since I’m just a newbie in baking, hehe.
- 4 oz butter (110 grams)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ cup self-raising flour (sifted)
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 3 medium bananas, well-mashed
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees
- Place butter and sugar in mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer until well mixed
- Add in vanilla essence and eggs (one at a time), beating well
- Add in mashed bananas
- Add in sifted flour
- Dissolve bicarb soda in milk and add into mixture, mix well
- Pour mixture into lined baking tin and bake until sides of cake come away from the baking tin (approximately 45 minutes)
Please excuse the very Asian-looking bowl with the mashed bananas here, hahahahahah!!!
TADA!!! Tasted quite alright I’d say 🙂